Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - worst crashes you've seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #95 (permalink)
yuhaoyang

What are your guys' takes on ASTM 2040 vs EN/CE1077? (since a lot of this thread is about helmets)

I bought my helmet (that I'm still wearing, and thankfully haven't taken any big hits except for getting whiplashed into ice from a very small kicker last year) about 2002? Maybe? It was a Giro something for like $30 new and it says ASTM certified on it.

I was going to replace it last year after that hit, but noticed that 95% of helmets in stores now are EN/CE certification and have useless stuff like earbuds built in, and ASTM ones don't start till about the $100 mark. Even considering inflation, that helmet was the cheapest thing I could buy. The OCD me doesn't like the idea of wearing a EN only helmet lol.

Ski Helmets- Maintain Your Brain With A Ski Helmet here is an explanation if you aren't familiar with those standards.

And sadly the standards are nowhere near good enough that you won't get a concussion from hitting something hard =[
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote