Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Lightest Park / Groomer Setup Possible
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

The lightest set up is not going to make all that much difference than something a little heavier. We're talking ounces here. As long as you don't pick stuff that is characteristically heavy, you'll be fine.

Sanchez is so stupid basic. Bump up to the Drift Rocker. Equalizer will make a difference.

For bindings more important than weight is going to be canting and dampening. Look into K2 Nationals if you want something to match with the Drift. Harshmellow and Canting. Another option is the new Rome Mob Boss. Not quite as good of dampening compared to the K2, but a bit stiffer highback and they might be a tad lighter (like a few ounces, like 3 maybe).

More important than both of those for a bad knee is a good set of boots with after market insoles. Stock insoles in snowboard boots are seriously worthless. Check out Remind. I believe the Big Hit in Breck carries them. Sling on over and grab a pair.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 10-10-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote