Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stupid(?) Board length question
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralch View Post
This is the exactly what I expected to read. I am thinking to get something around 164-165cm (probably skunk ape). Presently, I have 170cm and it is not my board. It's to heavy and difficult to manoeuvre.
If you're riding a lot of groomers you might want to consider something like a Burton Custom X in 164 or 164W (no need to go wide unless your boots are huge). I haven't compared the two in person, but it looks like the 165 Skunk Ape is designed for a 140+ pound person, and the Custom X 164 is designed for a 170+ pound person.

The custom X is stiff too so while you shorten the board you won't be ending up on a wet noodle.

I'm 160-170 lb (depending on my mood) and ride a 159 cm Burton T7 which is the stiffest thing they've made in a while. I spent a lot of time in the trees and find it easy to toss around, but it's got the stiffness available to rail when charging the groomers.

Not sure if Burton does demo days in Europe, but if you can demo a board I'd do that before buying. Can't seem to find info on their website at the moment but they do demo days all over the place.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote