Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board - Jones, K2, or ??
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
Think of my riding style as freestyle influenced freeriding. I love to jump and spin off of natural features as well bomb through the trees. So the board has to be quick edge to edge. A lot of big mountain boards wont work for me because of this.

My stats:
5'9"
155lbs
9.5 boot
Hey, our size and riding style is actually quite similar. I'm 5'7" and about 165 pounds. I ride a lot of off piste, but still like to carve hard on groomers. I get air whenever and wherever I can.

I ride a Burton T7 but unfortunately the don't make the "T" series anymore. I'm trying to get a group buy going for the Kessler Ride. Should be a fantastic freeride board. Just waiting to hear if it's a go.

Another option would be a Prior Freeride. They're handmade up here in Canada eh! No doot aboot it! Freeride Snowboard Model For Men From Prior Snowboards | All Mountain Snowboard | Whistler BC Canada We fit right in to the 158 spec range for weight. Although if you want to emphasize freeride and sacrifice spins (a bit) I'd go up to a 162 or so...

There are some other exotic boards out there with the same riding in mind.

The Virus Avalanche

Or a Volkl Squad or Coal XT

Happy Boarding!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote