Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question about my new board
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Optikal_Illuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
There's definitely truth to the point above about relearning. I bought a mustache board 2 years ago and then went away for a week with it and my regular cambered board. Rode the mustache board on the resort where we got fresh snow for five days in a row and really enjoyed the looser, skatey feel and easy turns. Switched back on the last day to the cambered board as the snow conditions were more hard packed, and caught my edge a couple times in the first hour, typically on the flats. This was a combination of no fresh snow and the cambered board punishes laziness/poor technique.

Since I ride mostly in Ontario the cambered board works best out here on our average conditions of hard pack, ice, and crud. Those out west are so lucky with the quality snow you get. I ride the cambered board mostly when I'm here but on trips out west I don't use it much.
Where in Ontario do you ride? HSV, SV, Blue and occasionally Moonstone here if I can get the time off work. I wanna head out to the mountains sometime, but I don't know anyone who'd like to go so we can split accomidations and such.

So you're saying I should have stuck with a cambered board even though I had a real hard time turning and catching edges? I wanted something looser and more flexible, and havent been able to find a cambered board that I like that fits that... or made for a woman... or in my budget for that matter.
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote