Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stolen Boards...This SUCKS
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Brigius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdthomas2 View Post
Good news. The cops called today. They did a sting and recovered my snowboards. They think they have my skateboards as well. I hope to get all my stuff back before the season begins. I am going to get my wife a 9 mil though. Just in case someone tries to come in the house. Thanks everyone for the hospitality. You guys really made me feel better about the situation.
FORTUNATE! Did you have the serial numbers on hand when you reported it? I keep a record of serial numbers, especially firearms, if anything were to happen to them. It is a good practice to keep if anything just happens to go missing. If anything is found by the police having given the serial numbers to them usually helps you get your gear, or whatever it was, back more quickly.

Make sure you use holopoints for home defense. Sure, they are more expensive, but they are more likely to not carry through the intended target and through to a distant target. Plus, you get more stopping power into the target, especially if you are planning on a 9mm. Practice with ball ammunition.

Last edited by Brigius; 10-10-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Brigius is offline   Reply With Quote