Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who's rockin' a Slackcountry? & is it as good as I hear?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
fine, it doesn't slay powder or change games
I'll be the judge of that, thank you.

Well, I'm sure it will hands down crush the boards I have been riding in the powder the last few years. For 1 I've been on 155-157's last couple years.

Before that, I've always preferred between 162-166 for @ least 10 years.
The only reason I dropped down was rocker, but now I have a theory on that.

Rocker's great but I don't think you should downsize just because of some sort of rocker.
I think by downsizing you are essentially losing the benefits.
I dropped an average of about 10cm last couple years for Rocker, my 15? whatever rocker handled like my 16? camber, minus the edge hold.

I don't think you should lose that much edge, when the tech you going too has less edge hold than the tech your leaving, just doesn't make sense to me?

My conclusion, just jumpin' back up to my regular size board is going to make it ride way better in the pow, regardless of camber type.
Having the big rocker nose will/should push it into the category of Powder slaying monster. I hope?

I really want to use the Hefe's but I've spent way to much on gear all ready this year. I went from 1 setup last year to about 6 for this year.
I brought my boots when I went to buy this shit & was kinda mad that my boots fit perfect in the Hefe's.

Originally the plan was to sell the Hefe's to offset the cost of everything else.
But my boots fit better in the Hefe's than the EX's, so now I having a hard time deciding?

Plus I like my Missions, Cartels & C02's.

Does anyone know if there is a Gear Whores Anonymous? Maybe I'll have to start one, I can't be the only one

I'll try & get a pick of it on flat.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote