Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question about my new board
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher_chik View Post
Where in Ontario do you ride? HSV, SV, Blue and occasionally Moonstone here if I can get the time off work. I wanna head out to the mountains sometime, but I don't know anyone who'd like to go so we can split accomidations and such.

So you're saying I should have stuck with a cambered board even though I had a real hard time turning and catching edges? I wanted something looser and more flexible, and havent been able to find a cambered board that I like that fits that... or made for a woman... or in my budget for that matter.
I ride mostly at blue, used to go primarily to moonstone.

I wouldn't overthink your decision, you've got the tradeoffs right, camber is a bit more demanding to ride but handles ice better. You made the right choice to make you riding more fun and catch edges less. Ride your new board for a while to get to know it, presumably you'll find it's looser, easier turning, and playful. And then on a demo day try out another cambered board or borrow or rent one, ideally when conditions are sub par. You can then decide how you want to manage that tradeoff. Lots of people run rockered boards in Ontario and are completely happy with it, they give up a bit of performance in crap conditions for more fun on average.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote