Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vail suggestions
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Here is my post from your previous thread. I forget and ask the same stuff twice sometimes.

Is it the village inn plaza your staying at?

It's on the lions head side. Regardless, everything is close by in the villages(lions head, vail village and golden peak) and the bus system is free. There is a smaller park on the lions head side called Bwana. also a really beginner park called pride park.

Last year golden peak had a great variety of rails and boxes, better than brecks, they lacked in jumps though.... I work with the park managers wife and have gotten to know him and my son rides on vails full-time team this year so I've been in some of the meetings about their park build this year as well as talked to their park manager about it. The park on golden peak side should be incredible and open by then. There will he a 18' and 22' pipe. The 22 is planned to be the biggest in the world this year, something like 650' long. There should be only 2 jump lines in golden peak this year... Medium and large ranging from 25-75' sizes. They also plan a mini BX coarse where the smaller jump line and baby pipe was last year. There should end up being a 4 jump smaller line in bwana up to 30' and a really small beginner jump line there also. All of the bwana features are "ride on". Most of golden peaks are not ride on.

BA is kinda right about SPT, they will help in design and initial setup of the pipe and park but the crew here will be doing their own building. The guys at SPT and the management here are pretty close and worked together prior to SPT.

So far the plan is to have the park open by the last week of november and all of the new snow canons are already in place to make the alpine race course, parks and pipe now. Just waiting for the right temps in a week or so.

As for movies, buy tickets early, they sale out that time of year. Cinebestro is what its called in vail village at the solaris. Nicest theatre I have been too, not the biggest though. If you wanna eat at restaurants you should make reservations.... They book up fast. Montauk grill, bart and yetis and billys in lionshead are good nice places. Old forge and blue moose pizza are great. Snowboard shop to go to is one track mind, they are awesome people.

Restaurants in vail village that are good are Lancelot and sweet basil. The movie theatre serves excellent food also......

Our usually dinning place is garfinkles in lions head right a the base of the gondola. Best deck around and decent prices. Bully ranch in vail village is awesome for steaks and burgers.

Any other shit you wanna know?
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote