Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fuck Apple.
Thread: Fuck Apple.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Why all the hate aren't you being a little overly dramatic, have you ever even owned an apple devices? It's just a phone\mp3 player for christs sake and snowboard films off of itunes are about a 1\4 of the price as the blueRay\DVD.

Got my IP4 over 2 years ago and yet to have one single problem or issue, to me that's worth the price of admission right there.
I have been a PC enthusiast for over 25 years (pretty much as long as it has been viable at home, excluding the commodore 64 basically (but I also have experience mucking around with those, and actually can call the OS designer a friend whose life I got to save - LOL).

Apple is for people who need technology, but don't have any appreciation for it. You deal with and pay for whatever Apple gives you. With PCs you can do whatever you want, create your own solutions, be your own repairman, buy parts from whoever.

I actually thought the video in the OP was a little shortsighted and reactionary. This patent, while alarming, is hardly suprising. Patriot act... My hate for Apple is as old as my love for PC, the iPhone has little bearing on this.

So there are some "reasons" for Apple hate, though they may all be personal. Let me be clear that while I am a PClover, I am also NOT a Microsoft lover, in fact it would be fair to call me a hater of MS, but I'm too lazy to learn to run a linux box. Plus after putting up with their shitty OS for SOOOOO long, Windows 7 is finally worth the wait.

The new Galaxy S3 commercials (that make fun of the iPhone folks waiting in line) pretty much sums up the reality of the dichotomy that those of us who bother to make the distinction have always appreciated.

Last edited by snowklinger; 10-11-2012 at 09:19 AM.
snowklinger is online now   Reply With Quote