Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #2110 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Ok, Thanks! If what you say is true, it doesn't sound like it would help me much! I'm definitely not ready to give the park stuff a go yet! Been watching my SA tutorials a lot lately, trying to keep that "Visualization" thing goin' when I watch! They say it's supposed to work! Dunno myself!

I was surprised last winter how much I retained from my first spring boarding. It seemed I was even much better than I was when the 2011 season ended! (..I went up to Boyne a LOT between Feb & Mar that first end of season!)

Hope that holds true for this season as well!

sabatoa
Quote:
oh wow. I don't know why but it just feels like this is going to be a good winter.

Hope your right about that!
I think misfit is out of business or going out of business. they are talking about changing facilities to a smaller place or places) but all that's just talk for now. Check their FB the last few posts have been pretty ominous and from what I hear inside they basically went way overboard on the Fenton location and it came back to bite them.

But yeah, the tramp is fun but you can't use your board on it, and the pit would be fun if you wanted to get upside down so it's too "advanced" for most rides or skiers (IMO that didn't help their business situation but probably would not have been enough to save them).

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2