Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear!
Thread: New Gear!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #56 (permalink)
cav0011
Veteran Member

Someone also mentioned YES snowboards, i was bored so i looked at thier specs and they seem to run narrower then other brands. a The Greats 156 has a 24.7 width. A YES basic has 155 has a 24.9 waist width.

The point is this, bataleon makes a good product. Thier tech isnt the end all be all. No matter which bataleon you get it will not be the right size for you. I have ridden 4 different bataleons, I wont be riding them anymore because I break them all

There are a lot of options out there for you, but there are a lot less options then someone of a larger footprint.

If you really really want a bataleon find a used one or see if you can demo one first. If you are happy w/ the performance then so be it. To invest in buying on that will definately not fix you is a recipe for buyers remorse. Additionally buying a different board without completely believing the advice you are being given is another recipe for buyers remorse.

So what i think is. Find a super cheap bataleon in "your size" ride it and then when it doesnt work move on to something you like that was suggested. If it works then so be it you are happy and can replace the cheap one with a newer better model. A $100 or so experiment is better then a $500 mistake.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote