Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for suggestions on a mainly park/all mtn freestyle short board.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
GlobalWarming

Question Looking for suggestions on a mainly park/all mtn freestyle short board.

Hi guys, newbie here...

Im looking for a board to mainly do park and some freestyle on the green+blue trails (like buttering and finding small bumps to jump off of), I dont go on blacks/diamonds......a park board that would hold up even if i go faster on the blue trail would be good.

My riding ratio would maybe be about 60% park + 40% mountain...
sometimes just do laps on the longer lifts where theres some trail then enters the park and some more trail before getting to bottom of lift again...

I think I might be between beginner and intermediate in general snowboarding......I can link turns, so-so at riding fakie so want to improve on that...

But I am pretty beginner at the park...only 50-50 and maybe get a little air on some rollers...

Im very light about 127 lbs

So what im looking for is a True Twin kinda short board thats more park orientated so I can learn how to do some basic boardslides, learn how to ride fakie better, hopefully some presses, and small jumps.

I really hope to learn how to get some presses done and have fun doin some buttering on the greens so I would prefer a more noodleish board...maybe a 2 or 3 out of 10 flex scale.

I also wanted to buy a board goin on the upper limit of weight range so sorta downsizing a bit, since im newbie and want to learn how to boardslide and ride fakie better first......and im also weak due to health reasons so i couldn't ride for a couple seasons...

so I was thinking something like 144-145cm board.

So i know with my weight my options to find a short board are kind of limited......and the best match I have found currently is the

Rome Artifact Rocker 144cm...

I like the rocker-flat-rocker profile so its easier to boardslide and
also good for presses and buttering......what other profiles would be good for my needs?

Is this board light also? (doesn't weigh a lot)

I know some people say it doesnt matter and i'm not sure if it matters, but I would also prefer a lighter board so it's easier to carry, less weight on the foot on the lift cuz i'm weak, and easier to spin in tricks(?)

Since im still new to the park and learning I prefer not to blow 500 on a board and break it or end up not fitting my style....so Im okay with using 2012 model board which are on sale...

I also checked out the skate banana 145cm but its all sold out and some people said it wont be too good for a lot of park and the uniform rocker profile would be hard to learn boardslides on...

Sorry for the long post guys......if theres more info needed to pin down a specific board good for my needs I will try to provide...

This might be selfish after wasting your time reading =( but I hope I can get some suggestions I can look into before tonight midnight PST because theres a sale for the Artifact Rocker and I might just buy it......sorry about that, I only decided very recently I want to snowboard again, and I saw the sale and instantly registered to this forum but it took a day or two for my account to get activated so I can post.
GlobalWarming is offline   Reply With Quote