Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for suggestions on a mainly park/all mtn freestyle short board.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
GlobalWarming

Hi, thanks for the suggestions...

is it really too small? Should i not go too small for a park board?

I am only ~127 lbs and ~5'6-5'7

Are the weight ranges from the manufacturer not always the best
depending on different factors?

Since I am not that tall, I thought I would go on the upper bound with the weight range
(like getting a board thats for max weight 130 lbs or 125 lbs)

on a board so my stance width would match can I have room to make the stance width wider or narrower when I need to change it...

Would 150cm+ might be too long for a park orientated board? I will do some small jumps but not any big ones for sure...I have an old directional all mountain board which is like 151 and I even thought that was too long for me in all mountain/freeride...

I was thinking the Artifact Rocker wouldn't be that bad since it is not all rocker but only 1/2 rocker and flat between the bindings...

would getting a partial rocker like the Artifact Rocker be bad for learning press and butter? And I am kinda newbie, what does 5-0's mean?

I read the sticky thread on the board profiles but I still dont really get what each type is good for (camber,rocker, camber-rocker mix etc.)

EDIT: Would a shorter board not be good for learning riding fakie and doing boardslide at first?

EDIT2: If camber is better maybe i should try Rome Artifact camber 144 or 147.......A question i have though is....if rocker is bad to learn proper techniques, which means its bad for beginners, is it also bad for intermediate and experts? Then it would just be bad overall?

Last edited by GlobalWarming; 10-11-2012 at 08:56 PM.
GlobalWarming is offline   Reply With Quote