Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The dead Rat Bounce
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

That's the part that worries me about Mitt: while he has a track record of making money, I don't see it as a track record of building or achievement. I see it as the track record of an opportunist, a shrewd opportunist to be sure, but just an opportunist.

I see the "job" of being President as one in which the incumbent identifies and makes it possible for the people to create those opportunities and I don't think that is his strength. I think his strength is to identify weaknesses in his opponents (be they in the business world or elsewhere) and then use those weaknesses to win at all costs. Basically, there has to be a loser in order for him to win. He reminds me far too much of Jason Alexander's character as Richard Gere's partner in "Pretty Woman"

Now, if the goal here is to expand the USA's global economic, political and military power base, then Romney may well be the guy you want. There's golden opportunities to take advantage of Europe's economic woes, annex Italy and Greece and then sell chunks of their territory off to the highest bidder, which is basically what he did in the business world. But, like every non-american, I'm hoping that the American people, at the end of the day, have more altruistic goals than that.

Last edited by Bones; 10-11-2012 at 08:19 PM.