Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Can someone run me a CARFAX for $10?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

I'm riding around in a '99 Suzuki as the original owner...awesome SUV for reliability. I know every little quirk about it, what to listen for, what to keep an eye on, etc.

Would I buy it now for $1500? Not on your life.The thing would be a money pit if I had to chase down all the little things all over again.

A 2002 with 147k on it, a warning light on the dash and it's spent 10 years on the salt soaked roads of the NorthEast? Really? Even a slimeball would disconnect the battery cable and clear the codes before showing it.

Put it this way, you'll never be able to resell it, so it will be ending its days in your driveway. Probably the best you can hope for is 2 more years @ $1750 each. That's both pricey and unlikely. No offense, you're not a backyard mechanic or you wouldn't be on here in the first place

Take a look at that 2004 Elantra with a new timing belt and brakes...that's probably a better buy

Last edited by Bones; 10-11-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote