Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Way to go out west from east coast?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 AM
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurver View Post
I'm in college and going on a 6 day trip to Telluride for ~$900 including airfare. It's a lifestylez trip but only open to the University of Illinois ski club. If your school has a ski club I would recommend joining, as you often get good deals on trips, passes, gear, etc. Joining a club is especially good for trips because usually the more people that go, the cheaper it gets.
Yeah I was a member of my universities outdoors club. We did frequent trips to Jay Peak from Toronto for usually about $400 for the week (including bus, condo, lift tickets and a meal one night).

If you want to do something yourself, try to find a college week or mens week or something at the resort so your lift tickets are cheap, then see if you can get a seat sale around that time. If you can, then book a 4-6 bed room in a hostel for the week. Should make it tons cheaper and most hostels have kitchens so you can cook your own food.

I've stayed in a few and sometimes they're noisy but I never had a bad sleep. They're usually very basic inside but who cares, I'm not there to be pampered, I'm there to snowboard!