Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Layering with padded shorts?...
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Tarzanman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
I ordered a pair of Demon shorts today.
Right on

Quote:
what would be better more comfortable in your experience:
A: Under Armour cold gear leggings under the shorts?
B: Looser fleece mid-weight pants over the shorts?
Is there a "C" option that I'm missing?
Hey. I own the older demon hardtail shorts. I wear them without the hard plastic shields

Unless you want to wash them everyday, wear them over your base layer.

Admittedly, I do it the stupid way because I only have 2 sets of base layer pants:
I wear boxers, then base layer and THEN the padded shorts (on days that I wear them).

This is to ensure that my boxers absorb the brunt of swamp-crotch that a day of riding causes.

3 layers under my shell means that I don't really need anything else on my lower body (cold knees don't usually bug me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr3yu View Post
Personally I think those are just a waste. I started snowboarding last year at 29, and I am moderately athletic.
........Then again maybe it was the super deep pow we had last year that saved my ass!
Super deep snow will make falling much easier on you. If you ever decide to venture into the park then I would give padded shorts some serious consideration.

My favorite feature of padded shorts is that the lift seats don't freeze my buns anymore on windy, snowy days.
Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote