Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on teaching my 2.5 y.o. Daughter to ride (peep the videos!!)
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
marcdeo

Default Advice on teaching my 2.5 y.o. Daughter to ride (peep the videos!!)

Hoping to get a conversation on getting young kids into riding (I realize as I type this perhaps i should have done a search first.....)

So my daughter will be 3 in January and this year my wife and I want to get her onto skiis/snowboard. The sooner she learns to shred the sooner we can all take family vacations together and REALLY shred the winter, lol. (I board, the wife skiis)

I have always assumed that kids should start on skiis (Yes I know how wrong i am), In fact the more I look at young kids on boards the more I realize that due to their low center of gravity and the width of even the small boards, kids are QUITE stable.

Anyhow, I was wondering what some of your personal experiences were either from your childhood, or as parents etc....

check out these kids......

I really like the extent to which the parents thought out the training levels in the first video....(he even created a training board out of an old 164, making the tip super long to put the child on, and then a harness on the kid with a handle to hold him.... so smart)

Baby snowboarder Emile 22 month - YouTube

Snowboard Girl 1 year old - YouTube

Last edited by marcdeo; 10-12-2012 at 10:21 AM.
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote