Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Group Buy: Sept 2012 - Advanced Freeride Board
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Okay well I guess I got what I wished for. Not going to happen for the Kessler. Anyone interested in trying for some of the other "exotic" boards out there? I'm thinking of the Oxess, Volkl, Virus Avalanche series... I'd love a Kessler Ride but I'm not paying $1350 from the Canadian distributor. So if they can get a good deal on another exotic I'd be up for that. I'm looking for the same thing as the Kessler. Stiff, freeride, with solid hardpack carving ability.

virus

Here's the word from the iGet.it guys.

"We, unfortunately, will not be able to cut a good deal with Kessler this year. They are being much more protective of their pricing policies despite the success of our offer last year. It is worth noting that we did do the offer towards the end of the season last year vs. at the beginning this year. This is NOT to say we will have less expensive Kessler boards later in the year as I do not feel we will.

We do have some great relationships with other brands such as Lacroix and could find you some info on that board but the price point won't change as we are already at a very steep discount and the shipping from Europe is not cheap.

We love your enthusiasm for our site and the types of deals we try to deliver. Sadly, Kessler feels out of range at this point. It's a shame but if there are any other brands you guys are interested in we would be happy to see what we can do as a 'Private Buy' or an offer on our site.

If you guys are interested we could even position it as you discovered Brand X for us. I think we can openly discuss it with some new brands who might love to be a part of it. Timelines can be tricky and we will understand if you guys will look elsewhere but we are ready to do whatever we can, as fast as we can, to get you guys off to a great season. Most of us ride/ski as well here in Quebec and we can't wait for it to start.
"
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote