Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fernie or Whistler in December?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormier View Post
I think I'm pretty sold on Fernie, just wondering where to stay now. We'd be looking for somewhere close to the lifts with nice ammenities like a good hot tub area and preferably a kitchen
I would 100% sacrifice interior finishes to be right on the hill. Some of the hotels right at the base are older inside, but they have hot tubs, good board lockers, etc.

I've stayed at the Wolfs Den and the Griz Inn. The wolfs den doesn't have kitchens, but it's cheaper. The rooms have beer fridges and there is a BBQ you can use. I brought cereal and milk for the mornings, and we BBQd ribs and steak for dinner. You have to get creative though and it's easier for me being able to pack everything in the car.

The Griz Inn is a little more expensive but we stayed in a two bedroom unit with our friends in the summer. The main floor kitchen units are FULL KITCHENS. Plus there was lots of room to spread out for 4 people. Not sure if their smaller units have kitchens.

If you stay in town it's only a 5-10 minute drive to the hill. If it's puking snow that drive could turn into 45 mins as everybody gets up to the mountain, gets parked, etc.

Again I would STRONGLY suggest staying on the hill.

RCR is the owner for Fernie and can book lodging, lift tickets, airfare, etc. all from the one site.

The griz inn has a 1 bed condo unit in early Dec for $208 a night.

Lizard Creek Lodge has a room with a kitchen for $150 a night and you get the 6th night free.

Banff Lake Louise Fernie Kimberley Hotel Vacation Packages - Lodging
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote