Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on teaching my 2.5 y.o. Daughter to ride (peep the videos!!)
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzogone View Post
I've been working on getting my two younger boys (ages 4 and 6) riding, and my experience has been right in line with what you're saying. My 4-year-old seems more enthusiastic than his brother, even though he's less coordinated. He did lessons a few times last season at our local hill (and a couple the year before) and loved it. He can't wait to go more this season. The 6-year-old did a couple lessons, but said he prefers to have me teach him (really, I think he just likes the attention and trying things himself). They can both go straight and and sideslip heelside to stop. The 6-year old can do shaky heelside turns and understands the concept of toeside turns, but has trouble executing them while in motion. Also, they seem to have little leg dominance at their ages, so switch is nearly effortless. I will say their progress has been much slower than my oldest son, who started at age 8 (he's now 11). He and I both took lessons together, and he progressed as quickly as I did (much quicker when it came to jumps and grabs). Then again, my younger ones have really only gone about 5 or 6 times total so far, and you can undoubtedly get them progressing sooner if they go often, assuming they have the interest.

On the other hand, this kid didn't have much trouble at age 3, though he's no doubt the exception, and I'm guessing he got plenty of days on the snow:

Mother of god that kid shreds Thats amazing! It's like he has the snowboard mind of a 17 year old in a 3 year olds body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote