Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Washington State set to legalize cannabis.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
not sure how the poll #s look in CO. probably not enough $$ behind it in OR for it to pass, but it looks right now like WA will go ahead and pass a bill to legalize for recreational use...

thoughts?
Good to see some progress. I've been behind this movement for years (helped organize the Toronto Marijuana March in 1999 or so). I stopped regularly smoking it many years ago but stand behind the notion that the war on drugs is a costly and fruitless endeavour.

Of course in Canada there's a much more mellow approach to enforcement. Selling/growing large quantities is going to get you busted. But growing a little for yourself, and smoking discreetly at home or in wide open public spaces is not going to get you arrested.

My only probably with our current federal government is their harsher stance on drug use. I'm not sure if that is an attempt to appease the US government, to help maintain our trade ties during a protectionist era by the states?

Nevertheless, good news that people are coming to their senses.