Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New from TN, moving to Japan, new to snow
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
usafdarkhorse

Default New from TN, moving to Japan, new to snow

Hi all,

My name's Jared and I'm from Knoxville, TN. Been doing the military thing for a bit and moving to west Tokyo, Japan, next month.

With the weird weather in East Tennessee, I've seen snow maybe 3 weeks cumulative of my entire life even though quite a bit gets dumped on the Great Smoky Mountains just east. I've been on a snowboard once in Colorado on a trip for school, just a little 200ft downhill section, so really not at all.

I used to skateboard as a kid and goofy feels natural to me, but I've always wanted to learn how to snowboard and where else would be better than Japan I thought. So last weekend, I broke down and walked into a ski store in Knoxville and told them I knew nothing. By the end, I walked out with an employee's last year K2 Fastplant board, last year Burton Cartel bindings, Burton Rampant boots, Burton GoreTex gloves, and some Smith Phenom goggles. So now I'm committed!

A few pics: (don't kill me, they're phone pics and I haven't set up the bindings for the stance)

So with this, I hope to learn a good deal and grow into the equipment making good use of it. Some of my other interests include cars and guitars, cars I'll specifically enjoy in Japan. I've owned an Acura NSX and several Datsun S30Z's (280Zs, 240Z) as well as a few other DDs. Plan on bringing back a 1989-1990 Skyline GTR for the 25 year legal limit.

Glad to be here.

Last edited by usafdarkhorse; 10-12-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: grammatical ridiculosity
usafdarkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote