Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New-ish Boarder, buying board.. Skate Banana?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoarDom13 View Post
I learned last year, and picked it up rather quickly. By the end of the season I was hitting jumps and boxes and had no problem staying up the whole day. I tried a friends Skate Banana, 152 (i'm 5'8", 160 lbs) and loved it, I was flying all over the mountain and had ridiculous control. I'd like to buy one for the upcoming season, but I'm not sure if I loved it because I was riding a 157 Burton a friend gave me for free from 2003 when he started. Any suggestions on boards? I'm not into park too much but I'll hit the jumps occasionally, is the skate banana for me?
No, I don't think a skate banana is the right board for you since you said you are "not into park too much" and only "hit jumps occasionally".

I can believe it was fun and playful to ride for you as a beginner as it is super easy to flex and pivot without catching your edges) but unless you are dedicating at least half you day in the park (all morning, or all afternoon) then there are other boards out there that are better. There are other board in Lib tech's lineup that are probably better for you.

Last edited by lonerider; 10-13-2012 at 02:08 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote