Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Questions on K2 Thraxis
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Edvard_Grieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
I just bought a pair of Thraxis in a size 10 and after having them heat moulded, they still fit smaller than the size 9.5 K2 boots I rode last year. When I hold them up against my old Raider Boa boots the Thraxis are actually physically shorter in size then the old boots but are labelled half a size bigger. I couldn't get my foot into a 9.5 pair of UFOs I tried on this year. My suggestion is to try them on before you buy them. I haven't tried this years Maysis so I can't compare.

I'm not sure how much they will pack out after the heat moulding, I've heard mixed stories on this from various people. My toes are comfortably up against the front but they are not crammed into the front of the boot, I'm not taking the chance on them not packing out a ton.
Thanks! That actually helps a lot, it tells me that the fit is roughly the same between models (your trying the UFO vs Thraxis) which means I can hopefully expect similar. I know I'll be packing them out one way or another, so I feel comfortable there. I tried on the UFO in a 12 and it fit similar to the Maysis in a 12. Thanks!
Edvard_Grieg is offline   Reply With Quote