Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - From Salomon F22 to......
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
The liner has a lace. It runs about halfway up the the ankle portion of the boot and is closed by sliding a cinch down to tighten. Then there is a wrap strap at the top to secure that portion snugly around your ankle at the very top of the liner.

FYI, I was at the Toronto Ski Show last night and compared the Judge and the Status side by side. I definitely prefer the Judge. The Judge seemed to strike a good balance between responsive stiffness and comfortable flex. The Status seemed, well, overbuilt to me.

Also, I saw other brands' boots with Boa lacing. If you want low profile (like me), these two DC boots are the way to go IMO. The closest after that would be Flow Hylites. Everything else seemed bulky.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Did you look at the Status liner enough to confirm laces or no laces? I found this picture (finally) and it is the same as a sketched picture on DC's website for last years Status. It's the alpha liner, which according to DC's website is the same liner the Judge has.

I find it odd that there are no laces and am curious on how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
I was shopping for new boots this week and tried the Judges and the new T.Rice Status boots.

I liked the feel of the Status a lot more myself but found a flaw in the liners. The footbeds I think are too big for the liners and they have creases in them near the heels because of it, and when you put your foot into it you feel a sharp point on both sides of the foot. I thought it might be a one time issue but I went to another store in town and tried on a pair of Status and it was exactly the same in 2 different pairs from that store as well. For the price of those boots that small manufacturing defect was a deal breaker for me.

I ended by buying the K2 Thraxis boots in the end after trying on pretty much every type of Boa boot on the market, and few of the Nikes with traditional laces as well.
Are you sure it wasn't the J bars? There are supposed to be 2 removable bars on each side.

I'm at the mercy of ordering and trying shit on via Dogfunk or the like. I want the option to return if, after a few days on the hill, they end up not working for me.

I can't even go try shit on locally because all of the shops around don't have full stock yet and/or aren't getting in all the boots I'm looking at trying.

I did order some Synapse.... they turned out to be too big so they're going back. They don't have any more in my size ( I went down to REI and got sized properly then tried on boots to confirm size) and I'm kind of glad because I felt like I was settling with the Synapse. I really want something stiffer than the F22s and that would be Malamute/Status/Driver X/Thraxis

If the Status don't work out my next move will be towards the Thraxis but that's a damn expensive boot. I just haven't seen the praise on longevity or comfort with that boot. Maybe it's because I really haven't had it in the running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg status liner.jpg (57.2 KB, 73 views)
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote