Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - From Salomon F22 to......
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
If the Status don't work out my next move will be towards the Thraxis but that's a damn expensive boot. I just haven't seen the praise on longevity or comfort with that boot. Maybe it's because I really haven't had it in the running.
There aren't even enough people out there riding the Traxis to give a feel of how durable they are... That said, I put over 200 days on a pair of T1's over 2 years and other than the spine they're in great condition. K2's last. And with Endo the back stays will last twice as long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Positive it wasn't J bars, we pulled out the liners and removed the footbeds and the footbed itself was kinking on the sides due to being slightly too long for the liners. Not sure if that problem would work itself out but I wasn't about to take the chance and ride with the pain for a while after spending over 400 bucks on boots. When a boot of that price seems to have a small manufacturing defect it just makes me wonder about the other quality control issues that might come up throughout the season. If it was a one pair anomoly I would have overlooked it, but it was 3 pairs at 2 different shops. It might not be an issue with every size though, who knows. I was trying on size 10s
Its footbeds are too long. Happened 2 years ago too with the Judge. DC came in with new footbeds and switched them all. And if they're Outlast in the DC then they aren't made in the same factory as the liners or shells. While this might be something people would be turned off by, you should be buying aftermarket insoles anyway so who gives a poop if the insole feels bad. Ultimately DC makes shitty boots so it fine if you don't go with them.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 10-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote