Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - From Salomon F22 to......
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
GreyDragon
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
I don't know the terminology well enough I guess. I was thinking something completely different when you said foot beds.

A side from replacing them, why not just cut them to size?

However, I do understand your point.... if there's one simple oversight like foot beds that are too long, then what else is going to be wrong. That IS a very simple QC oversight and does seem rather sloppy.

NIVEK- a side from your opinion on DC quality can you shed any light on the liner and if it does not have laces how that feels?

As far as amount of people riding the Thraxis the same could be said for the Status. Now... . try to get info on the Malamute and you could spend all day reading about peoples experience with them.
I just tried pulling out the liner from the Judges. Seems that the lace I mentioned is attached to a "sleeve" inside the outer boot. The liner fits into this sleeve and then you cinch up the lace on the sleeve. It feels the same as if the lace was attached directly to the liner IMO. As I mentioned, there is also a "power strap" attached to the liner at the very top which tightens the liner at that area. It all feels as good as my F20s.

Can't comment on the quality of DCs as I'm new to them. I don't see why they would be a crappy product but time will tell. Also, Per Nivek's comment, I replace the footbed in my boots with good quality aftermarket footbeds. They ARE worth the money.
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote