Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Freestyle/freeride choices
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
I'm back to looking at traditional bindings.

BURTON
I've always loved Burton hardware for being indestructible. And there comes part of my concern... I like the theory of the re:flex bases, but playing with it in the shops, it seems a little flimsy.
Anyone have any thoughts on these?
Or others?
Funny you should mention Burton hardware as being indestructable.

Burton P1

Burton C60s

Burton Cartels

The first two pairs were my own (I only weighed 140 lbs at the time) and the last one was a friend of mine (he's like 170-180 lbs, a bit of a hucker... shattered the heelcup trying to ride down a frozen waterfall back in 2007). In all cases Burton was cool and replaced everything for no charge (not even shipping). If you want bombproof... check out Rome 390s (tough aluminum baseplate with wrapped heelcup), that's what I have on my park board.

That being said, I have ridden a couple of EST bindings (which like the Re:flex are almost baseless minus some flimsy padding) and I am actually rocking a pair of CO2 with Re:flex on my freeride/powder board right now and I like them. I'm not really worried about the heel/toe component being flimsy or falling off - and if they do compress. I trust Burton to just replace them for me. I like the ankle strap and I like the rachets.

I am interested in trying out Union and Flux one of these days.

Last edited by lonerider; 10-13-2012 at 06:03 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote