Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - So I built one of these...
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default So I built one of these...

Took me about an hour to run to the builder's supply stuff an 8' stud and an 8' pressure treated 4x4 in the FJ and run home and throw this together. I even took the time to drill pilot holes and screw everything together with 3" grabbers.

After 5-10 minutes of popping on and off ollieing and popping on/180'ing off I think I'm going to die. My calves and feet are burning and I'm sucking wind like an old man...

The legs and my shitty cardio I understand. But the burning feet concern me. It was along the outside edge of my arch. I'm thinking this is caused my a lack of support from the insole? I don't want to be on the mountain for 30 minutes and have my feet hurting so bad I wanna bail. Guess it's time for new insoles? Anything good off the shelf? Am I overreacting? Should I find a place that does custom insoles? I've heard of local shops doing heat forming of insoles. Not sure if either of my 2 locals in Terrace do or not. Should I go see an podiatrist? Not sure if I wanna shell out the dough for custom orthotics and in Canada (especially remote Northern BC) that could take forever. The season could be half over before I ever got in.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote