Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New-ish Boarder, buying board.. Skate Banana?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoarDom13 View Post
I learned last year, and picked it up rather quickly. By the end of the season I was hitting jumps and boxes and had no problem staying up the whole day. I tried a friends Skate Banana, 152 (i'm 5'8", 160 lbs) and loved it, I was flying all over the mountain and had ridiculous control. I'd like to buy one for the upcoming season, but I'm not sure if I loved it because I was riding a 157 Burton a friend gave me for free from 2003 when he started. Any suggestions on boards? I'm not into park too much but I'll hit the jumps occasionally, is the skate banana for me?
Welcome!

One piece of advice. If you're staying up the whole day, you're not trying hard enough! I've been boarding 20 years and fall several times a day.

Another thing that I strongly suggest to new riders looking at a new board: Demo as many as you can. Now is not the time to buy a board, they're in demand and prices are high. If you can ride your current board for this season, and get to any demo days there are in your area, then buy a board mid-late in the season.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote