Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on teaching my 2.5 y.o. Daughter to ride (peep the videos!!)
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saevus View Post
The only thing I'd really prepare her for is helping her understand that she will lose control, fall, and experience pain. At this stage, pain has a big impact on behavior. Although you have children that have no problem like the one herzogone showed, I'm sure you've also seen the Pizza Kid who definitely was not prepared and probably won't be skiing/snowboarding for a VERY long time. Best of luck, would love to have a son/daughter at 3 years old who can shred; Just need to get some money and find a woman worthy of procreation
I was expecting something interesting from that Pizza Kid video. Its some little kid crashing on skis and then crying like a little kid.

You don't need to condition kids for pain, they don't even feel it after like 30 seconds. I need conditioning for pain, ffs!

Kid's personalities are gonna dictate their on-snow attitude at very young ages. They are either gonna attack it, or not.