Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goat or Rice ?
Thread: Goat or Rice ?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nein11 View Post
Thanks for the input pdx. Still wavering back and fourth with a new adition. Now the list is:
T. Rice Pro 164.5
GNU Billy Goat 165
Neversummer Raptor 169.

BTW...PDX did you like your diodes? Trying to decide if the malavita isnt enough for these boards but have heard about high ack snappage with the diode.
I really like the diodes and could tell the first time I rode them that not only are the highbacks very stiff, but the frame itself is vey stiff. I had to dial back the highbacks forward lean for everyday riding. You really feel nailed to your board compared to a cartel or prophecy. They're light as hell also, 755 grams vs 886 grams for the prophecy.

The one complaint I have was the foot soles collect ice and the prophecy and cartel foot soles do not. Burton sent me a set of cartel foot soles but I havent decided if I,m gonnna swap them out yet. I gotta weigh them and see how easy it is to swap them. I hate to lose any weight savings. The billygoat is heavy enough that you feel the difference putting a lighter binding on it and it's a nice feeling.

I'm not sure what rough riding you have to do to break the diode highbacks. I did see some pics on here of some that looked pretty busted up. That's the first I've seen or read about it though. Burton's got awesome customer service. You'll either get a new highback or new bindings. However that doesn't help on the hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
PDX,

Don't forget about that bulletproof day we hiked up to Illumination Rock! The Goat held it's edge on that nasty shit like Velcro! The board handles rough, bumpy, churned up frozen death cookies and boiler plate as adeptly as it slays trees in tits deep powder....
Yes, thanks for bringing that up! That is the roughest stuff I've taken the goat in for a consistent run, and the only thing that couldn't handle that like a pro was me. The goat did exactly as you say.... It held a great edge and handled the shit very well also.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote