Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on teaching my 2.5 y.o. Daughter to ride (peep the videos!!)
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Saevus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I was expecting something interesting from that Pizza Kid video. Its some little kid crashing on skis and then crying like a little kid.

You don't need to condition kids for pain, they don't even feel it after like 30 seconds. I need conditioning for pain, ffs!

Kid's personalities are gonna dictate their on-snow attitude at very young ages. They are either gonna attack it, or not.
To say kids even have a personality at that age is kind of a stretch, don't you think? Granted, not every kid is going to have the same motivation when it comes to a task, but at the age if you can't help them interpret different forms of pain, they will just associate the task as harmful to themselves. I'm sure you don't remember the first time you touched the stove (or something really hot), and probably even forgot about it after it healed, but from then on you knew not to repeat that behavior. At that age, she will only be able to comprehend basic stimuli (happiness, pain, fear, sadness) to build experience in this world until she develops abstract thought/introspection.
Saevus is offline   Reply With Quote