Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Banff early Dec!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
faridk89
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Visiting Banff early Dec!

So I'm visiting a friend in Calgary for 7 days from Toronto and decided to check out prices for hotels/ski packages in Banff. Saw a deal for 450 tax in for 4 nights/4 day lift pass with rides to and from the mountain and had to pull the trigger

Anyways main question is, what mountain do you guys recommend for an intermediate rider. I'm guessing I'll be sticking to blue runs, everyone who I talked to has told me that Ontario black diamond runs are not nearly as hard as western Canadian black diamond runs, which is understandable considering in Ontario we ride hills not mountains.

I heard that Lake Louise has a lot of crazy runs and I don't really want to waste a day riding a mountain that I won't enjoy as much as the other ones. Was thinking of sticking to two mountains and get familiar with them instead of trying all three

Let me know what you guys think I should do and if any locals can tell me which mountain would have more blue runs that would be great
faridk89 is offline   Reply With Quote