Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on teaching my 2.5 y.o. Daughter to ride (peep the videos!!)
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saevus View Post
To say kids even have a personality at that age is kind of a stretch, don't you think? Granted, not every kid is going to have the same motivation when it comes to a task, but at the age if you can't help them interpret different forms of pain, they will just associate the task as harmful to themselves. I'm sure you don't remember the first time you touched the stove (or something really hot), and probably even forgot about it after it healed, but from then on you knew not to repeat that behavior. At that age, she will only be able to comprehend basic stimuli (happiness, pain, fear, sadness) to build experience in this world until she develops abstract thought/introspection.
Do you have kids? All three of mine had personalities within months, oldest one is a weenie, second is a dood and third is a frickin bulldog and those core personality has been true to this day. As for pain its often easily forgotten (you can remember the experience but not the actual pain) and is a learned response or its the interpertation of the pain...like "pain is weakness leaving the body"...early on with all I was...ehh its nothing...its far from your heart...ehh yer not going to die today. Oldest....a weenie that wines and rides but is not a rider, second ...come on mfker I can take it and third...it may hurt for a minute but I ain't letting go...and she is tougher than her two older brothers.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 10-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote