Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Now ipo
Thread: Now ipo
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
geolemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I've yet to see a bad review. BA liked them, a few on here have liked them, even those crazies over at EL have a review up (someone tried them) and liked them.

My only concern is durability, as I know they've tested them, but will they hold up over a full season in production form.

I'm itching between getting a pair, or Burton Cartels, or sticking with my K2 Uprises which don't fit my boot well.
I'm curious about this as well.

I'm a lifelong skateboarder and snowboarder, so the idea of a binding that creates a more skate-like feel definitely sounds cool.

But, on the other hand, I'm coming from a set of Ride bindings where the rachet buckle cracked on me, and these look like the buckle releases are plastic, and the frame is a one-piece unit that also looks like plastic (as opposed to bindings with a metal heel cup).

Also, the EVA-rubber base on the binding looks like it is attached at the toe and that's it - I put my boards on a roof rack on my car, generally upside down so the wind is deflected, and wouldn't like the EVA pad flapping out of my binding, potentially buffeted by the wind. Anyone know if it is secured?

I suppose some of these details - I'd expect more from a $220-$240 binding.

Last edited by geolemon; 10-14-2012 at 03:49 PM.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote