Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best ankle straps
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
geolemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Most bindings now have contoured ankle straps. I've found Burton and Union's asymmetric straps are my favorites.
The restricted (which have the asym straps) Burton Customs with the re:flex base are on my short list, as are the Union Contact Pros... I wasn't sure on the Union straps, I saw some negative comments - at least from guys who really crank their straps. I think I pull mine pretty tight... ankle strap, not toe... so that was steering me a little away from that.

I do keep hearing great things about Flux - I never even heard of them until this year, only one shop at a resort an hour from here carries them, I haven't gotten there yet...
...but I'm still tempted to pull the trigger on some sight-unseen last-year model DS30's, based on all the positive comments. Would like to check out this year's RK30's in person though. I'm getting the feeling that for my needs, either one would be great, in sort of a 6-one-way, half-dozen-the-other sort of sense.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote