Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Choosing a board: NS SL, Lib tech TRS/Attack Banana
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Have a really odd question...figure I'll post it here.

Went to the snowboard show today, and I picked up a 154 for what seemed a really good deal (350+tax)

Funny thing I realized after I got home...my board doesn't have that last line in it below the address that lists the size of the board. I did some googling, and most every 2013 I find seems to have that little bit of info in it.

I know this is really strange, but I'm actually paranoid BECAUSE of the low price. I'm wondering if this means the board was an older version, or maybe had been sitting around for a while.

The guy who sold it to me just said the board had been given to him by the rep at a low price, but I just want to make sure I didn't somehow get scammed.
That last line you are missing is the serial number. Yours should have a serial hand engraved or printed somewhere on there. The important thing to take notice of is whether or not there is an N before the number. If there is an N then your board is a sample or demo board. The quality will generally be the same on these boards but most companies do not warranty sample boards. If there is no N then you have a full warranty and there is nothing to sweat.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote