Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#1,744 ·
Hey, my name's John, I'm 19, and I live in Michigan. Unfortunately, the snow doesn't usually get good up here until December... Then it melts in Feb, turns to ice, snows again, melts again, and by the end of April you start to bring out the dirt bikes and it snows again. Just love it!

I've been reading this forum for a long time- got a lot of good tips and ideas. Now I'll start posting. I promise to do my best at NOT being a troll.

#1,747 ·
Nice to meet you huckit. Nice to see another Michigander on here. I agree the snow doesn't get good until December and then the quads and bikes come out lol.

Anyways, Im Nick. Im 17, and I am also from Michigan. Ive been snowboarding for a couple years now and Im deciding to get very serious in it this year.

#1,748 ·
Thanks, nice to meet you too. Awesome that you're getting serious! It's so much fun, and the reward is worth the pain. :laugh: Yeah, and when there isn't enough snow on the hills, we make lines on the side of the street to a jump, and use a truck to get up to speed. Got my first backflip that way lol Seriously, so much fun... snow needs to get here!

#1,745 ·
It's Ali from Taiwan...

Yeah I know...we dont have snow here in TW.

I was in LA from 2006~2007...the really awful year for snowboarding...

since then, I am crazy about SB even when I came back to TW.

and I go to Japan once or twice every year for snowboarding.

I am learning more ground tricks and hope I can still ride on the slope when I am 60yrs old.
:D

#1,750 ·
Yeah I know...we dont have snow here in TW.

I was in LA from 2006~2007...the really awful year for snowboarding...

since then, I am crazy about SB even when I came back to TW.

and I go to Japan once or twice every year for snowboarding.

I am learning more ground tricks and hope I can still ride on the slope when I am 60yrs old.
:D

Cool, fellow Taiwanese that snowboards, welcome to the forum...been living in the U.S. since I was 10 years old. Nice to meet you!

#1,746 · (Edited)
Hey, my name is Lefteris (non Greek friends call me Leftis) im from Athens, Greece and im 29yrs old.

Ive been riding for 3 years now. Ive been reading around the forum for quite awhile now, "gear reviews" has been very helpfull.
Im pretty excited this year cause im changing all my gear. I'll be rocking an 2013 NS Proto with 390 Bosses.

It sucks cuz its still pretty warm over here plus we get a relatively short "snow season". Basicaly ill have to wait till the end of December to get some descent snow up on the mountains. Can't wait!

#1,752 ·
Hey Welcome! Snowboarding is just an awesome winter time sport. It is fun. I am a new rider myself and this will be my third season. The things that really helped me were. I ride a longboard skateboard THE MOST IMPORTANT...I took a private lesson for 2+ hours before doing anything on the board. Afterward my freebord helped too during the warm season. Otherwise start stretching (if you are old like me) keep your knees bent and wear a helmet!!

#1,753 ·
Recently, I have opened several threads asking for my equipment. Nevertheless, I did not have chance to introduce myself. I am Svett, 27 years old, beginner with passion to progress. I am located at Bulgaria. I am Software Developer. If you have any IT related questions, I am open to give a hand to everybody here.

#1,755 · (Edited)
Hello fellow shredders and pursuers of awesome

31 y/o Californian who grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. First couple years I skied (10 & 11), and only went a handful of times with Boy Scouts. Over the next years transitioned to snowboarding and preferred renting boards in order to demo and learn what was best for me.

At 19 joined the Army, was stationed in Texas, and who'd a thunkt it, that Texas/New Mexico would be where I would really improve and learn to shred like I always wanted to. The only resort in the area was Ski Apache, a small resort in Ruidoso, New Mexico, 3.5 hours away doing the speed limit. 2.5-ish if doing 100+ mph wherever possible and completely disregarding speed limits. Good times. Most of the Indians working/running the resort were super unfriendly. But, some were great. I learned every little nook and cranny of the resort, and learned to love it and respect it for being a reservation ski resort, and for the historical aspect of it, imagining how the land was years prior. One day after riding I drove over to Roswell to look for aliens (hilarious little town actually), and another day I went to white sands national monument and snowboarded the Gypsum sand dunes with stealth fighters flying over head. Pretty awesome.

After a few 30+ days a year there, for two+ years, combined with road trips up to Colorado, and trips back to california (Tahoe) on leave, really got the hang of snowboarding, and it became my favorite thing in the world to do, along with fishing. Got out of the Army, moved to Sacramento, and helped run the Ski and Snowboard Club at sacramento state, leading ski trips to Whistler, bus trips to various tahoe resorts, contributing to video premieres for Forum and others, and helping with ski swaps. REally learned to love the Ski and snowboard industry, so much so I majored in business and commercial recreation and tourism. Spent some great days leading bus trips and and teaching others to ride. My favorite thing to do. Love watching someone who thinks they are awesome at everything, suck, work at it, and eventually get it, but hopefully with my guidance, faster than with a class.

On the mountain, frequent the park, big kickers (45 ft+ preferred), steeps and cliffs, and trees. Snowboarding allows me to do some pretty stupid, yet totally awesome, gut wrenching, and adrenaline inducing undertakings. Love it. Whistler, BC, large cliffs, steep chutes. WOW. Do Whistler Blackcomb!!

I now live in Switzerland in the heart of the alps. I am close to St. Anton am Arlberg, (Flims Laax Falera), Silvretta Montafon, Damuls, Solden, Ischgl, Lenzerheide, St. Moritz, and the list goes on. I have over 1,000 large and small resorts within a few hours drive, and can take the train direct to some and public transportation to others. Never needing to drive. Just got back from California and added two new boards to the quiver, a Never Summer Legacy 166, and a Libtech Skate Banana 159 W.

When not in the resorts, I am snowshoeing back country with my Swiss guide friends. They rock the skis with felt slip-ons to the top, I hike up on my MSR Lightning Ascents, with my snowboard on my Salewa 18L backcountry pack. Here in Europe, free-riding and hochtouren (high-moutain tours in English) are really popular. Awesome to get out into the alps with my guide friends, with my Mammut Barryvox Beacon on, and to spend an entire day hiking up these amazing slopes and peaks, to ski/snowboard down, completely alone. Very common here. Must say, pretty awesome. Some friends do it several times a week and seldom go to resorts.

If you ever want any tips of resorts and hotels to visit in the Vorarlberg, Tirol, Ostschweiz (East Switzerland) area, send me a message and will help you as best I can. Cheers, and pray for pow. Winter is around the corner!

#1,759 ·
31 y/o Californian who grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. First couple years I skied (10 & 11), and only went a handful of times with Boy Scouts. Over the next years transitioned to snowboarding and preferred renting boards in order to demo and learn what was best for me.

At 19 joined the Army, was stationed in Texas, and who'd a thunkt it, that Texas/New Mexico would be where I would really improve and learn to shred like I always wanted to. The only resort in the area was Ski Apache, a small resort in Ruidoso, New Mexico, 3.5 hours away doing the speed limit. 2.5-ish if doing 100+ mph wherever possible and completely disregarding speed limits. Good times. Most of the Indians working/running the resort were super unfriendly. But, some were great. I learned every little nook and cranny of the resort, and learned to love it and respect it for being a reservation ski resort, and for the historical aspect of it, imagining how the land was years prior. One day after riding I drove over to Roswell to look for aliens (hilarious little town actually), and another day I went to white sands national monument and snowboarded the Gypsum sand dunes with stealth fighters flying over head. Pretty awesome.

After a few 30+ days a year there, for two+ years, combined with road trips up to Colorado, and trips back to california (Tahoe) on leave, really got the hang of snowboarding, and it became my favorite thing in the world to do, along with fishing. Got out of the Army, moved to Sacramento, and helped run the Ski and Snowboard Club at sacramento state, leading ski trips to Whistler, bus trips to various tahoe resorts, contributing to video premieres for Forum and others, and helping with ski swaps. REally learned to love the Ski and snowboard industry, so much so I majored in business and commercial recreation and tourism. Spent some great days leading bus trips and and teaching others to ride. My favorite thing to do. Love watching someone who thinks they are awesome at everything, suck, work at it, and eventually get it, but hopefully with my guidance, faster than with a class.

On the mountain, frequent the park, big kickers (45 ft+ preferred), steeps and cliffs, and trees. Snowboarding allows me to do some pretty stupid, yet totally awesome, gut wrenching, and adrenaline inducing undertakings. Love it. Whistler, BC, large cliffs, steep chutes. WOW. Do Whistler Blackcomb!!

I now live in Switzerland in the heart of the alps. I am close to St. Anton am Arlberg, (Flims Laax Falera), Silvretta Montafon, Damuls, Solden, Ischgl, Lenzerheide, St. Moritz, and the list goes on. I have over 1,000 large and small resorts within a few hours drive, and can take the train direct to some and public transportation to others. Never needing to drive. Just got back from California and added two new boards to the quiver, a Never Summer Legacy 166, and a Libtech Skate Banana 159 W.

When not in the resorts, I am snowshoeing back country with my Swiss guide friends. They rock the skis with felt slip-ons to the top, I hike up on my MSR Lightning Ascents, with my snowboard on my Salewa 18L backcountry pack. Here in Europe, free-riding and hochtouren (high-moutain tours in English) are really popular. Awesome to get out into the alps with my guide friends, with my Mammut Barryvox Beacon on, and to spend an entire day hiking up these amazing slopes and peaks, to ski/snowboard down, completely alone. Very common here. Must say, pretty awesome. Some friends do it several times a week and seldom go to resorts.

If you ever want any tips of resorts and hotels to visit in the Vorarlberg, Tirol, Ostschweiz (East Switzerland) area, send me a message and will help you as best I can. Cheers, and pray for pow. Winter is around the corner!
Welcome to the community buddy. Sounds like you've had a lot of experiences, thanks for sharing some with us. Really gets us hyped to see others as stoked as us. Been all over haven't you? Really hoping one day to hit the Alps, maybe I'll ask you for some advice should I ever. Nice quivers, you'll fit in well with the community as you'll see lol

#1,756 ·
Hey I'm Brad. I'm 23 currently residing in Phoenix, AZ, born and raised in Richmond, VA. I started skiing when I started walking, but started snowboarding at the age of 7 and I haven't skied since. :laugh: I have been a weekend warrior going boarding at least once a year since, but I am moving to mammoth for the winter to work at the resort as a lift operator. I hope to be 10 times better by the end of the season. I am still learning new things every time out. That's why I love this sport! :D

#1,760 ·
Hi, I'm Jessie. I'm 34 yrs old, a Michigan native and now live in Port Orchard, Washington. This is my second year back from a very long hiatus. I boarded in my high school years then joined the Navy. Life changed dramatically for me at that point with getting married having kids being deployed, and stationed overseas. Well after 14 years of dedicated service to our great country I am now a vet and back to civilian life.
I got back into boarding after hearing my step son talking about how his and I say this lightly, dad, had taken him once before and how much he enjoyed it. So last Christmas I got him and I boards and gear and so the fire was re-ignited. Now it's all either of us think about to the point that his mother/my wife gets tired of hearing about it :D. We spent all of last year shredding Crystal Mountain. This season I purchased passes for Summit as Snoqualmie But I'm sure we'll make trips back to Crystal as well as check out some of the other surrounding resorts. I have a good friend who lives in Salt Lake City, UT and we possibly may take a weekend trip to hit up Park City:D. Anyway that's my story. Ride safe and have fun this season!

#1,763 ·
Hey everyone. Im 24, been on a extended break from snowboarding and just now getting back into it. Lol first time out last year busted my wrist:dunno:. Living in Corona, CA and consider myself to be a intermediate boarder. Glad to be a part of the forums and if anyone wants to hit up bear this year hit me up.

#1,764 ·
Newbie here from Ohio. I snowboarder for the first time while in high school over about 15-16 years ago. I gave up shortly after for the sake of partying more and girls. Anyway life has settled down and that's when I got the bug that myself and my boys should get out there. Naturally the wife is coming along for the ride as well. Anyway hope to get some good knowledge as I am sure things have changed. :thumbsup:

#1,767 ·
Hey guys, I signed up last winter and never really posted so I'm going to reintroduce myself!

I moved to Breck from the east coast a few weeks ago, and am working at the Ski & Ride School for the winter! Life is super awesome right now. I ride a 2011-12 Never Summer Proto CT, it's such a sweet board.

I'm contemplating on heading over to Keystone or A-Basin today to get my first turns of the season in, but there are only 3 decent runs open between the two of them :( We need some snow!!

#1,768 ·
I recently came back into snowboarding from about 2 yrs ago, but have been riding off and on for the last 10 yrs. I'm looking into understanding what's new. My past boards over the 10 yrs were a Lamar something or other, Burton Custom, Ride DH, and Forum Youngblood. Also had a chance to try out a Jaime Lynn Lib Tech and Never Summer (forgot the model.) I also ride a lot all-mtn/freestyle and not a lot of park. Hope my curiosity gets filled here. Thanks.

#1,769 ·
Hey people's,

Kinda new to the game as far as being more Aggressive in the snowboard arena. Name's David, from the SF Bay Area. I've been skating for the past 10+ years and the last 3 I've been getting more into snowboarding...it's a heck of a lot nicer to land on power than cement...lol. But yeah, if your in the area I do board waxes for 15 bucks a pop I've got a set up in my garage. Also I'm starting an outerwear company called Eureka Supply Co.(eurekasupplyco | Home). Other than that I'm pretty chill laid back 22yo that enjoys shredding and driving my old school Subie.

#1,770 ·
Hey people's,

Kinda new to the game as far as being more Aggressive in the snowboard arena. Name's David, from the SF Bay Area. I've been skating for the past 10+ years and the last 3 I've been getting more into snowboarding...it's a heck of a lot nicer to land on powder than cement...lol. But yeah, if your in the area I do board waxes for 15 bucks a pop I've got a set up in my garage. Also I'm starting an outerwear company called Eureka Supply Co.(eurekasupplyco | Home). Other than that I'm pretty chill laid back 22yo that enjoys shredding and driving my old school Subie.
:thumbsup:

welcome to the forum!

#1,772 ·
Hi my name is Kristy, I've been riding for about 12 years. I've been pregnant for the last two winters so I'm really anxious for the snow this year. I live in southern ontario so I Don't get to ride mountains all that much (a couple weeks a year). This year I want to get out a lot so with what I have around here I'm going to be spending most of my time in the parks. I love this site, I e already got lots of advice so thanks to y'all.

#1,775 ·
I have lurked around and started a few threads, but never really introduced myself, so here goes!

I'm Brett, I'm 19 and I'm from the UK. I started skiing when I was 7, and started snowboarding at 13, although up until now I only went for one week a year on vacation. I've been lurking around the forums for a few months just learning and soaking up knowledge. Cool to be here, I love snowboarding and I hope to move somewhere where I can shred for a full season every year one day :)

#1,776 ·
Hi, I am shredFAND. I joined this site recently because snowboardaddicts.com seems to have disappeared. I can't get enough of snowboarding! It's almost all I think about most of the time. This season will be my 14th season riding. I am from Pennsylvania and my main mountain is Blue mountain in Palmerton, Pa. I ride all over the east coast. From Snowshoe to Killington and all in between. I'm hoping to hook up with some like minded boarders to roll with this comming season. Are their any other riders from snowboardaddicts.com on here? We used to get together and take trips years ago but I guess we all have to grow up sometime. I've lost touch with people I used to ride with and now I ride alone on the slopes. Its ok though, I still enjoy riding alone, but I dont get to insane anymore only because I have to drive myself home. Anyway, I hope everyone has an epic season and if anyone from my area is heading to any right coast resorts and wants someone to ride with them, just let me know. Every weekend from December to March is reserved for riding .

#1,778 ·
Hey yo

I am the RonkyTonkMan, I am Cool, I am Cocky and I am bad!!:cool:, I am from the one hundredth meridian where the great plains begin. Moved to Lake Louise for 5 years, I now reside in Calgary. I've been Snowboarding into now my 22nd season. I have been skateboarding 27 years and still cracking my shins. I've been working for an airline in Calgary for 10 years now, all because I wanted to take up Surfing, Thank aliens I did!!

I came across this forum looking for guys to ride with. I work a 5 on 5 off and tend to go to the mountain tops mid week. Mostly all my buddies are 9-5ers weekend warriors, or tooo into serious bromances to hangout anymore. I find myself riding alone most of the time. I dont mind riding alone as I find it peaceful, but its nice to ride with people aswell.

I mostly ride Louise, Castle,Fernie and Sunshine. So if anyone want to shread drop me a line(PM).

I am going to lurk around the site now..:)

Thx and happy Shredding!!
-RonkyTonk-

#1,780 ·
I mostly ride Louise, Castle,Fernie and Sunshine. So if anyone want to shread drop me a line(PM).
Welcome! :D

I much prefer weekday riding too, usually try to take a 3 day mini trip every couple weeks or so to Fernie, etc. I've got Fernie, KH, LL, Nakiska and Kimberley on my pass this year. Met a couple forum members already this year there's at least 10 of us in the Calgary area on here. Probably more like 20 when you include some of the Banff people...

#1,786 ·
Trying to meet some more people in the snowboarding community so a friend suggested this site to me. I am on a ton of car related forums and this is my first non-auto related.

I am 26 from Upstate NY and I have been snowboarding for about 5 years. I have been stuck boarding on the lame mountains around this area and rarely get travel out of state for trips. I will be going out to Utah this season with a few friends in a time share so I am pretty pumped for that.

Current set up:
Gnu carbon credit 153cm
Burton reflex cartel
DC phase boots