Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #1011 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore10 View Post
lets be honest heres the problem with Subarus there chick cars they look gay i guess if you dont do manly things your Subaru will get you to the flower shop and back i mean seriously where am i suppose to put my 8 point when i shoot it i dont care what my ford eats in gas
Many of us require neither a gun rack, nor the cargo capacity to transport our kills, for our snowboarding vehicle.

Now if this were a manliness forum (ooooooHHHHH!), or a hunting forum, or a truck forum, I could see your point.

In transporting people and snowboards to the mountains, a Subaru beats your truck, and every truck, in every aspect that matters. Speed, snow capability, gas mileage, you name it.

I drive a civic and it also easily outperforms most trucks in all these aspects for mountain driving as well. (I've had ignorant people try to beat down my civic, its a stick shift SI, it'll downshift and race any truck besides a Raptor up a steep hill, it only weighs like 1800lbs or something).

I'm not saying a truck can't work well in snow, its just that I don't need the added weight, loss of power/weight, loss of gas mileage, or anything that sets the truck apart. For camping, hunting, hiking, 4wd access roads, anything like that, sure I'll take the truck.