Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #300 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
well, its a thread that got over 5,000 views in just over a week and its 15+ pages long, so it looks like a discussion that people are willing to have...

no one is forcing you to participate. there will be no free volcom swag thrown out to the crowd here...
hehe

I don't mind playing, I enjoy the middle of the discussion in reality, and I'm more educated than most on the topic.

The video you posted is kind of lazy reporting, but its not fair to nullify it for that sake, most of the shit you see and read these days is not excellent.

here's my issues with it tho:

1. The first question about Maiomodes...that was pretty obscure, which makes me a bit skeptical as to the contents of the survey that they are talking about - not that I challenge the conclusions.

2. Some really easy targets here:
a. as a population we are notoriously uneducated, especially about the rest of the world, compared to the rest of the world
b. "we are a nation of believers" quoted from the vid.

if a is true, and b is true, therefore we have a nation of stupid believers.

This is not really clever, nor is it the correct way to blend philosophy and logic, it does however, seem to be the seed of this report.

I'd take a 32 or Electric sticker...!

Last edited by snowklinger; 10-15-2012 at 12:38 PM.