Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #1023 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
Ya I have to agree with him there, not trying to start a pissing match, but no way in hell your civic handles snow better than any 4wd truck. And if you are trying to race people uphill on a snowcovered road in your civic then you are dumb. And as far as subarus go I have mixed feelings, but from my experience I would take a truck over an awd Subaru any day of the week. Much higher clearances, beefier tires are big factors for me. Subarus will snow plow before the snow touches my skid plate.
Well like I said, the truck would be better for back country access, however, here in Colorado, we have snowplows, and they go on the roads and highways (infrastructure, modernity, wow) and around all the places with resorts.

I drive like a grandma when there is any icy shit on the road whatsoever, I am simply making a power ratio comparison, and I like having power available. Its a civic, obviously I'm not some drag racing gearhead LOL!

I drove up i70 my first day of work in all season tires in 8" of snow, effectively pushing it uphill in my civic. Now that day, sure, a couple inches that a Suby or truck offers would be better. However in every amount of snow less than that, my civic with snow tires will outperform a truck (ill give a 4x4 truck WITH snowtires a slight advantage, however I rarely see someone in a truck bother with snowtires). FWIW I haven't seen that much snow on i70 in 5 years, and when there was, it was closed.

Clearance is the only thing I gave the truck and I did. I haven't had any problems with my Civics in Chicago, Omaha, or Denver.

Kirkrider also makes a point.

Last edited by snowklinger; 10-15-2012 at 11:53 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote