Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #1021 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormier View Post
Lol that Honda guys are on this forum as well ... I thought it as only car forums!
Honda guy? I have 2 civics, I don't even change my own oil. These things have excellent snow handling, power to weight ratio, gas mileage, overall reliability, I treat the 2 I have like shit and they just keep on going.

I am in the market for a truck for summer 4x4 trailhead access, but even if I got one, I would not drive it to snowboarding for all the reasons I have already mentioned.

Last year I talked to a ~50 year old guy in the parking lot in a Honda Accord who has been making the Denver - Summit/Vail drive for 30 years and owned all of the above. All the non-wrx Subys are underpowered by comparison to the Hondas, weigh significantly more due to the extra AWD shit, and get worse gas mileage.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone that AWD owns, but 2wd, lightweight vehicle, snowtires, I can stop faster than any of you, and thats my number 1 concern in winter driving.

Argo If I lived up there, it would be different. However I put ALOT of miles on my car, and that beast you got is NOT economical for a Denver-Vail commute. If I slide off the road I would love a yank tho, pls pm your # ty

I suppose we are all talking about 2 different things. Most people live in towns like LA, Denver, SLC, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, and make a drive on somewhat plowed roads. This is my category and why my Hondas kick fucking ass.

Living in a small mountain town is another animal. Have you guys ever had to drive a Civic in the snow?

I just don't buy into bigger is better.

Last edited by snowklinger; 10-15-2012 at 12:13 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote