Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #1023 (permalink)
gmore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
You guys with your car talk are smoking crack. Sure a civic and awd car have there place but a civics place is not in the mountains. The subaru, Audi, Volvo awd cars are great in most conditions and I'm most likely going to buy a wrx/sti in the near future for my wife. That being said, have pulled out, given rides to and helped more people than I'd like to while driving my truck through the mountains. People who's lives and income depend daily on getting to work over passes that don't close or get plowed before 730(Leadville to minturn/vail) drive a truck of some sort with 4wd or carpool on bad days with someone that has one......

My truck is a 1 ton dodge mega cab 4x4. Lifted with 35" winter/snow rated tires. I have never once not been able to get somewhere. I don't give a shit about my fuel mileage but I get 18-20mpg on the highway and it will do whatever speed I want going over any mountain pass. Trust me, I fly by plenty of those little 4-6cyl cars that can barely keep the speed limit over the passes, fucking stupid....
I'd trade my power stroke for a cummins any day of the week if only I hadn't put so much into my ford
gmore10 is offline   Reply With Quote