Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #1028 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post

I drove up i70 my first day of work in all season tires in 8" of snow, effectively pushing it uphill in my civic. Now that day, sure, a couple inches that a Suby or truck offers would be better. However in every amount of snow less than that, my civic with snow tires will outperform a truck (ill give a 4x4 truck WITH snowtires a slight advantage, however I rarely see someone in a truck bother with snowtires). FWIW I haven't seen that much snow on i70 in 5 years, and when there was, it was closed.
Im sorry dude but you need to reevaluate your opinions here. A truck does not offer a couple more inches than a subie or your civic...it offers atleast a foot of extra clearance. My front bumper is 2 feet off the ground, if you were snowplowing with 8" on the ground then thats triple your front end clearance. And again you have to be kidding yourself if you think that your front wheel drive civic out performs a 4wd truck anywhere. Its just not a logical statement whatsoever. My truck with bald ass tires will do better in the snow than your civic on the best snow tires you have. People do not put winter tires on their trucks because it is unnecessary, they have All Terrain tires, which do phenominal in the snow. They have a tighter tread pattern and have deep ass tread, and have good sidewall tread. Dedicated snow tires are great on a car, but some good All Terrains are great on a truck. Thats great that you guys have a great plow system, but roads here don't really close with 8", and often the plows dont get around to clear everything till long after I or many others have already traveled them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote