Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - SLC Area to Snowbasin Carpool Thread 12/13 Season
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Our drives aren't that long unless you're going over Vail pass. Loveland, Abasin, WinterPark, Copper, Breck and Keystone are all 50-75minutes from the bottom of the mountains in Denver.

Maybe on a Tue-Thur afternoon or evening, I'd rather shoot myself then head west on I-70 during rush hour , snow storms or on weekends.........and then the drive home Sunday evening uggggg....love Colorado but it's not really an apples to apples comparison to SLC resorts. I can be at Snowbird in 20 minutes from where I work in the CottonWood Heights, enjoy a perfect 2 foot pow day and then be back in the Valley , long boarding\disc golfing or sitting on a deck soaking up sun 60F temps and drinkin beers....lots of stuff I don't like about Utah but convenience and weather is not one of them.

You not riding every day if you live in Denver and actually have a full time job

I actually really enjoy Powder Mountain and to slightly lesser extent Snowbasin but when you have 3 world class resorts(and nearly endless backcountry) with 20-35 minutes of work\home and a season pass it's a no brainer.

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 10-15-2012 at 03:17 PM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote