Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - SLC Area to Snowbasin Carpool Thread 12/13 Season
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
I've sat in Little Cottonwood canyon for over 45 minutes, probably an hour on a weekend because of traffic. Don't say it doesn't happen. It certainly does on weekends. Of course that same traffic jam on I70 translates to an extra hour or two.

Of course I wasn't doing an early bird start either...
Absolutely it happens probably 1 day a week during normal snow years as that traffic stoppage is caused by DOT clearing snow from the roads........I personally won't even ride little cottonwood on weekends as I hate crowds more than anything.

Never sat in traffic in big cottonwood Canyon unless there was kind of traffic accident OR little CottonWood was gonna be closed all day due to crazy avalanches and the "cool kids" had no choice but to buy day passes and slum it with the rest of us dirtbags @ Solitude\Brighton.

I actually prefer Colorado terrain\culture\people\beer stuff like that but I like the snowpack and convenience of SLC better.....if you have to live next to a major metro area for work it doesn't matter where you live it's always something.