Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - SLC Area to Snowbasin Carpool Thread 12/13 Season
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
It wasn't avalanche control, it was just traffic and parking. Really, I am grasping at straws here, the access is pretty killer. For my money, if I was going out of this state, I'd probably have to take a good long hard look at the Seattle area myself.

I70 is starting to get a face lift. The areas will never be as close as the Salt Lake spots, but they are going to be making progress on the traffic thing. The tunnel expansion at Idaho Springs will make a big difference. Both when they are doing it (going to suck) and once it's finished (yay!). That project has been delayed until this coming spring which I am okay with.
Yea and I bet that was a weekend too

Such a bummer they(CO) never expanded on the ski train thing, imagine hopping on a cumfy high speed rail to get to vail\breck\copper\ABASE in like 30 minutes from Denver?

Good to hear they are working on the roads but honestly I always thought I-70 was a pretty awesome road just subject to Denver metro traffic and weather outages, are they adding MORE lanes\tunnels ect?

If work wasn't an issue I'd probably live in Montana somewhere out in the boonies near whitefish or better yet BC

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 10-15-2012 at 04:35 PM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote